Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cancer-Free

I figured that today would be a GREAT day to start my own blog. I already have a blog for my 1st grade classroom and have always wanted one of my own!
I chose today to start my own blog because today is the day I spent at M.D. Anderson undergoing tests to see if my cancer had come back or not. It's been a rocky road...first kidney cancer that included a kidney/ureter removal, bladder cancer, more surgeries, BCG treatments, more bladder cancer...a few setbacks.
I woke up from the anesthesia and found out today was the day I could finally exhale and sigh a bit of relief...I am 1 year cancer-free. I will forever see life in a totally new, refreshed and optimistic perspective. The world is good.
Today will also be the start of my Sacred Sunday Project where every day for at least a month (and I bet longer than that!) where I promise to post a photo from my daily life capturing something that connects me to Spirit.

No comments: