Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy/Sad

Today was a sad day for our school. Our principal has been reassigned to administrative duty and quite frankly, I expect her to resign. Inappropriate remarks have been made known to the media and they've really run with it. Apologies have been said and I honestly feel like she has been humbled by the experience...I hate to see someones career end on such a negative note, especially after doing so much for our school and community. Anyway, on a happier note, I decided to start collecting pennies at home for my new project at school. I was curious to find out how many pennies fill a water bottle. I thought that would be an appropriate goal for a 6 year-old and a fabulous way to invite friends, neighbors and family members to join in on the challenge. I only had a few pennies to contribute today but I know a certain 9 year-old that opened her heart and piggy bank and contributed all she had. What a girl.

No comments: