Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Picture of FIT

Shutter Sisters is sponsoring a photo contest. All you have to do is show them your best visual translation of the word FIT and you could win a Nintendo Wii Console and the Wii Fit to go with it. There will be one lucky winner.

I've given it some thought and came up with a shot that was taken when I thru-hiked the Tahoe Rim Trail in the summer of 2006. The photo is me on the TRT's highest point - Relay Peak at 10,338 feet above sea level! It was quite an accomplishment for many reasons.

I battled kidney cancer that year and had my left kidney/ureter removed. Bladder cancer followed 3 months later. I really felt like I was lucky to be alive and wanted to do something life-changing that I'd never done before. Hiking 115 miles, ridge to ridge around Lake Tahoe, did just that! The hike enabled me to take the time to re-evaluate my life and set my priorities in the right order without the pressure of my everyday crazy life at home and school.

I came home FIT...both mentally and physically. I've since had a couple of relapses and gained 30 lbs. Wii Fit would be a great tool to get fit AND have fun at home.

No comments: