Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sacred Sunday

Maggie's coming home today! Ian and I had a wonderful day together...sleeping in and skipping church, which is a rare thing. We meandered to the Farmer's Market and picked up our veggie/fruit needs for the week as well as a bunch of fresh garlic! Mom, Maggie and I are going to pickle cucumbers when we get to Tahoe next week. Anyway, we also stopped at Wabash Feed Store and
promised to go back when we return from Tahoe to get a Satsuma tree for me, a new Meyer Lemon tree for Maggie and get my dad a lime tree for his birthday in August...sounds like a great plan!
Afterwards, we went to my 2 favorite stores Casa Ramirez and Tansu on 19th Street in the Heights. I almost got an antique school desk...I've always wanted one...but in the end, didn't. I couldn't figure out where I would put it! I think I will regret that decision...just like the day we passed up getting my dream car in Tahoe...the Jeep Wagoneer!
I love this picture because Maggie and I decorated these crosses one day when she was in pre-k and had a great time. I made the one with the tile mosaic and she made the one with the glass bead design. The glass beads were all clear...she painted underneath each bead to get the desired color...very clever. The crosses are lying on a quilt mom and I made for Maggie when she was in kindergarten. The picture captures a lot of family memories.

No comments: