Sunday, September 14, 2008

Are we in Oz yet?

I've truly never been so scared in my whole life! The storm was so loud and crazy...we felt like we were going to be blown into smithereens. I didn't know houses could groan! Halfway through the storm we decided to relocate to the hallway and shut all the pocket doors. We could hear things swirling above us in the attic, leaks were already beginning to develop in a dozen places and I actually saw shingles flying off the garage...I felt sure the roof must have been ripped off...it sure sounded like it had. We lost many shingles. I later saw them littered up and down our street! The plywood was exposed in only 1 spot. It could have been worse. We'll see what the insurance company says about all the big ugly water spots on our ceilings...

No comments: